Hi,We just need to refresh the email logs of the MSN software so that it can download your email information properly. Please confirm if all of your email messages are appearing completely in the Hotmail web site - http://www.hotmail.com
If you have no issues sending/receiving email messages via Hotmail then we can confirm that there is no issue with the server or the account settings.
Please follow these steps to help the MSN software synchronize properly with the server: (Do not perform these steps at the same time on both pc...)
1. Click on Start, type the following command then press Enter: %USERPROFILE%\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\MSN\DB30
2. We need to locate 2 files for each affected e-mail account that end with the file extension ".sdf": a. <first part of the affected email address>-msn-com.sdf b. <first part of the affected email address>-msn-com JMF.sdf
3. After finding these .sdf files, delete them. Do these by doing a right click on the file then select Delete. Click Yes to confirm.
4. Start MSN, but do not sign in. While on the MSN sign-in screen, press & hold the CTRL, SHIFT and F9 keys all at the same time. Important: You should receive a warning about removing the e-mail, contact and calendar information. If you instead receive a warning about removing the account information, you may have pressed CTRL+SHIFT+F11 instead of CTRL+SHIFT+F9. If you receive the account information warning, do not confirm this action when you are prompted.
6. When you are prompted to confirm your action, click Yes and then click Yes again. Restart MSN, and then sign in. Give the software several minutes to synchronize with the server then check if the issue persists.
Do let us know if the issue persists including the version of the MSN software that you use. To get the MSN version, click on Help and Settings then About MSN.
Hope this helps,Paolo M.
Was this helpful?
1 of 1 people found this post helpful.