Hi,Windows Live Essentials may be part of windows update that the computer went through where Windows Live Messenger is included. If you have these installed, once you sign in to MSN Explorer it will automatically signs you in to WL Messenger. The only way to disable it is by uninstalling the messenger using control panel. Here's how: Windows XP
- Click Start then select Control Panel
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs
- Locate Windows Live Essentials then click on Remove
- On Windows Live Essentials window select WL Messenger then click Next
- Wait until it will successfully remove messenger from the list.
- Click Start, click Control Panel
- Click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
- In the add or remove programs window, Windows Live programs are under "Windows Live Essentials."
- When you choose Essentials you will have the option to uninstall them.
Hope this helps.Paolo M.
Was this helpful?
5 of 6 people found this post helpful.