Hi,If you are using the MSN Butterfly software for viewing mail, there will be two sections there: “Folders on MSN” and “Folders on your computer”.
If you are using the MSN software for viewing mail, you will not have access to the email Messages stored on the “Folders on your computer section”. The Favorites stored in MSN is not transferable to another browser. Aside from this one, here are the other features that will be changed:
- Technical support will only be available via forum support at http://windowslivehelp.com/
- Expiration of McAfee Anti-virus/Firewall and Webroot Spysweeper software
- Your initial storage limit will be reduced from 10 GB to 5 GB. You may check your email storage by logging in to Hotmail and clicking on Manage Folders at the bottom left-hand portion of the page.
- You will only be able to send a maximum of 300 messages a day.
- You are required to sign in to Hotmail at least once every 270 days to keep the account active. If you fail to do so, all messages, folders and contacts will be deleted and incoming messages will be sent back to the sender as undeliverable. If the e-mail account stays inactive for an additional 90 days, the e-mail address may be permanently deleted. If you don't sign in to other Windows Live services (e.g., Windows Live Messenger, My MSN, Windows Live Spaces) for 365 days, this e-mail address may be permanently deleted.
- Banner ads in the Hotmail and My MSN web sites will be enabled.
- Automatic Email Forwarding from your email address will be limited to @msn, @live, @hotmail and Microsoft personal domains. With Hotmail Plus you can forward to accounts not hosted by Microsoft (ex. @yahoo, @gmail, etc)
- From 500, you will be limited to 250 or retain only 250 (if there is more than 250 already set) email addresses in your Safe Address list which helps avoid valid email messages landing in the Junk e-mail folder.
Please check the Private Message area below for further information. Make sure that you are signed in to be able to see this area.Paolo M.
Was this helpful?
2 of 4 people found this post helpful.