Hi Widget,The possible cause of this issue might be with the outgoing port number has been re-assigned for your Internet Service. The port number for outgoing mail varies with different ISPs. Please follow the steps below to fix the issue:
How to configure a POP3 account in Outlook express
1. Start Outlook Express.
2. On the Tools menu, click Accounts, and then click the Mail tab.
3. Click Add, and then click Mail.
4. Type your display name, and then click Next.
5. In the E-mail Address box, type your complete e-mail address. The following is an example of a complete e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Select the POP3 server option. Use the following server information:
In the Incoming Mail Server (POP3) box, type pop3.live.com.
In the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) box, type smtp.live.com.
7. Click Next.
8. In the User Name box, type your complete e-mail address. The following is an example of a complete e-mail address: email@example.com
9. In the Password box, type your account password.
10. Click Next, and then click Finish.
11. In the Internet Accounts window, select the account that you just created, and then click Properties.
12. On the Servers tab, select the My server requires authentication check box.
13. Click the Advanced tab. Under Server Port numbers, select This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming and Outgoing mail. Make sure that the Incoming mail port is set to 995 and Outgoing mail port is set to 587.14. Click Close.
Then try sending a test email to check for resolution. If the issue remains unresolved, please contact the number I'll be providing below for further technical assistance.Hope this helps,Paolo M.
Was this helpful?
1 of 1 people found this post helpful.