1. Start MSN, but do not sign in.
2. Click Connection Settings.
3. Clear the Connect using my LAN or DSL connection check box if it is selected.
4. Select a location, then click Modify.
5. On the Setup screen, verify the area code and the telephone number you will be connecting from, then type a name for this dial-up location. Dial-up location names must be unique.
6. On the Dialing Options screen, set the following dialing options:
a. If a number is required to reach an outside line, select Dial this number for an outside line, then click a number on the list. You can also click Custom and enter a number.
b. If your telephone line has call waiting and you don’t want your internet connection interrupted by an incoming call, select Dial this to disable call waiting, then click a code in the list. If your telephone service uses a code that isn’t in the list, click Custom, then enter the code your telephone service uses.
c. If your telephone uses pulse dialing, select This line uses pulse dialing.
d. If the MSN software doesn’t locate a modem automatically, a Diagnose button will appear. To locate modems on your computer, click Diagnose, then click a modem in the I want to use the following modem list.
7. Click Next. The MSN software will dial a toll free number to obtain a list of access numbers based on the telephone number you provided for this dial-up location.
8. To accept the numbers as displayed, click Next. To add or remove numbers, click Add or remove numbers, modify the list, then click Next.
9. To change the dialing prefix or area code for the displayed numbers, click Edit prefix or area code, type the correct prefix or area code, then click Next.
10. On the Acceptance screen, select the I agree to the terms and conditions check box, then click Accept to close the wizard.