1. Who can use this site?
· Anyone who is looking for information to solve MSN Explorer (often referred to as the butterfly or MSN Client) or MSN Dial-up connectivity related errors will be able to search the site for solutions and subscribe to a discussion thread.
2. What is “Ask a question” and who can use this feature?
· If you are unable to find an answer to your question, the “Ask a question” feature will allow you to post a question to our forum(s) that will be replied to by other customers, or one of our support staff.
· In order to use the “Ask a question” feature you need to have a valid MSN Premium or Dial-up subscription. Sign in using your subscription account and ask your question.
Note: Qwest/Verizon or Bell Canada customers will not be able use this feature.
3. How do I search for a specific issue or error message?
· Type the error message or error code into the search bar at the top of the page. You will be presented with known solutions and current discussions that match your search terms.
4. What are MSN Premium and Dial-up Topics?
· MSN Premium and Dial-up Topics are forums available in the MSN Solution Center that help organize questions and solutions. For example, if you are looking for help on email-related issues or errors, click “E-mail Help.” This will display a list of email-related known solutions and questions asked by other MSN subscribers.
5. What are Top Issues?
· These are the top issues and solutions that our customers are asking about. Check this area first for a solution to your question; chances are you can find your answer here.
6. What are Quick Links?
· Quick Links is a list of frequently-asked questions, conveniently displayed for quick access.
7. What are Microsoft Certified Solutions?
· Microsoft Certified Solutions are known, tested solutions with step-by-step instructions. You’ll often see these referred to simply as Solutions.
8. What are Questions? Who posts these questions?
· Questions are the way a discussion is started, and are posted by MSN subscribers. If known solutions or existing discussions in the forum do not help answer your question, you should post a question of your own. Any MSN Subscriber can post a question and/or reply to questions asked by other customers, especially if they know the solution to the issue being discussed.
9. How can I track answers to my questions?
· Questions you have posted or are interested in following can be tracked via e-mail or RSS feeds. If you choose to track questions via e-mail, you will receive an e-mail notification when someone has replied to that question.
10. How can I track a question/discussion thread via e-mail?
· After you post a question, or when you find a discussion you would like to receive updates for, click the "Track via Email" option available below the question.