- Go to the URL https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx.
- Select the option ‘I forgot my password’.
- Select ‘Reset your password’.
- Enter the Windows Live ID that requires the password reset.
- Enter the characters shown and select ‘Next’.
- The options you see here are the options available to reset password for your account.
Note If you’ve selected to retrieve link via SMS or alternate email, you will need to wait for the link to be sent.
If you’ve selected to answer SQ/SA, you will be able to reset password after confirmation of answer.
7. If you’re unable to reset the password on your own (exhausted all options listed above) you will need to contact Customer Support. Click here for contact details.
Note The process of resetting your password is not guaranteed by calling Customer Support unless we can verify
ownership of your account.