If you feel or received information that someone is impersonating you, we suggest that you make a formal report of this incident. Please note that the impersonator must be using one or more of the following:
- Your legal name
- Your telephone number
- Your address
- Any other personal identification of yours, such as a photograph
The duplication of your nickname is not considered impersonation.
If this is the case and you want us to further investigate this matter, please contact our Legal Department with the following information:
- The date and time you discovered the impersonation.
- A description of how the impersonation was carried out
- The URL of the profile containing the impersonation.
- A statement from you declaring that the information in your report is accurate, and that, under the penalty of perjury, you are the person being impersonated.
- Your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and preferably, your e-mail address.
Please send the report to:
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-6399
Attn: Custodian of Records